School Social Workers
Seeking qualified applicants for school-based social work. MSW required, LSW/LCSW preferred.
Mail cover letter, resume, and references to:
Social Work Position
Youth First, Inc.
P.O. Box 3897
Evansville, IN 47737-3897
Vice President of Philanthropy
Full Time: Development/Fundraising
The Vice President of Philanthropy leads Youth First’s fundraising efforts primarily through the strategic identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift and personal solicitation donors and prospects. Using the best practices in fundraising management, the Vice President of Philanthropy strengthens the donors’ connections to Youth First and builds their commitment to the organization. The Vice President of Philanthropy works closely with volunteers as well as oversees development staff to achieve the organization’s annual and long-range fundraising and relationship-building goals.
Reports to: President and CEO
- Develop and execute fundraising strategy for securing individual and corporate donations for Youth First.
- Plan and execute strategy to increase the following for each donor portfolio: financial commitment, individual and corporate involvement, and volunteer engagement for the Youth First footprint.
- Identifies and prioritizes personal solicitation donors based on their linkage, interest, and ability with a current annual goal of $177,000 in personal solicitations, $100,000 in annual appeals, $235,000 in event revenue, and $1.3 million in restricted gifts.
- Manages portfolios for key donors/prospects, insuring that relationships are strengthened and timelines are followed to achieve fundraising goals across Youth First footprint.
Cultivation and Stewardship:
- Ensure cultivation plans are in place for all portfolios and all aspects of plans are reviewed and updated on a regular basis, as well as executed.
- Represent Youth First at community events, developing and nurturing relationships with key community leaders.
- Ensure deliverables are met for each account. May include stewardship reports, meeting updates, salesforce entries, proposal status, etc.
- Recruits, equips, motivates and coordinates volunteers and other staff to be responsible for assigned donor/prospect relationships on behalf of Youth First.
Grants, Proposals, and Donor Management:
- Develop, edit, and submit grants, proposals and related reports. Work with program staff, financial staff, and leadership to create all proposal components, including value proposition for donor, narrative, impact/outcome metrics, budget, etc., in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain pipeline and donor/prospect activity in Salesforce database. This includes accurate and complete records of donor contacts and communications.
- Prepares and delivers presentations, proposals, solicitation letters, and other materials that persuasively communicate Youth First’s case for support.
- Manages Campaigns and Events Manager, Communications Manager, Regional Development Officers, Grant Writer, and Development Coordinator.
- Collaborates with volunteer leadership to design and implement annual and long-term plans to grow donors, revenue, and awareness.
- Manages initiatives, including mailings and donor contacts/calls, auction, other special events, and awareness/marketing efforts.
- Manages all marketing and communications tools, including website, social networking efforts, newsletter, and advertising.
- Prepares and manages development and marketing budgets.
- Provides support to Donor Development Committee Chair and County Advocacy Councils in planning meeting agendas, preparing minutes, communicating with committee members, and following up on action steps.
- The position requires travel within the region (50 – 60%) especially with regard to donor/client calls.
- Contributes to strategic planning, organizational development, and quality improvement.
- Handles other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; An emphasis in Communications, Marketing or Business is desired. Must have a background in relationship management or fundraising. Proven experience securing grants and working with diverse philanthropic communities preferred. Corporate and/or Individual sales experience may be substituted for fundraising experience. Significant expertise with the area’s funding community highly desirable.
3 – 5 years
Three to five years of major gifts fundraising experience with demonstrated success in personally cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding charitable gifts.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent verbal and written skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (Salesforce). A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the highest customer service orientation. Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with experience presenting to varied audiences. Pro-active, self-starter with a can-do attitude required. Strong negotiation, presentation and problem-solving skills with experience marketing to diverse audiences. Demonstrated ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects and work effectively with community groups. Capacity to deal comfortably and professionally with corporate and community leaders is essential. Willingness to travel and work some weekend/evening hours is required.
Requires frequent travel within the region. The amount will vary depending upon size and geography of region.
- Solid experience in volunteer management, especially engaging, motivating and successfully utilizing
volunteers to achieve fundraising goals.
- Demonstrates persuasive, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven strategic thinker, innovator and team player.
- Knowledgeable about the community and connected to donor prospects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet challenging deadlines, and maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with online databases like Salesforce and other fundraising tools.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office programs, spreadsheets, word-processing, and web-based
- Marketing, public relations, fundraising trainings/certifications and planned giving experience are a plus.
Please submit cover letter, resume and professional references to:
Youth First, Inc.
Attn: Parri Black
PO Box 3897
Evansville, IN 47737
The posting will remain open until May 15, 2017 or until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Youth First will not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, assignment, evaluation, promotion, discipline, termination, or any other employment action on the basis of any characteristic or class, which is now or may in the future become protected by law. Employment with Youth First is based solely on qualifications and competence for the particular position to be filled. Since such qualifications and competencies are not peculiar to any type or class of individuals, and since Youth First recognizes the value of a diverse workforce, there will be no discrimination in employment decisions and actions on the basis of age, race, gender, color, national origin, disability, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation.