Events and Campaigns Manager
Full Time – Development/Fundraising/Event Planning
The Events and Campaigns Manager is responsible for event planning and management, along with introducing, informing and retaining donors, using the best practices in fundraising management for acquisition and retention including: the annual appeal campaign, special events, and grant proposals. The Events and Campaigns Manager recruits and works closely with volunteers and staff to achieve the organization’s annual and long-range fundraising goals. This position also manages the Development Coordinator.
Reports to: Vice President of Philanthropy
- With V.P. of Philanthropy, develop and execute a strategy for securing individual and corporate gifts for Youth First, including annual appeal, auction/gala, breakfast, and misc. events and campaigns.
- Plan and execute strategy to increase the following for each portfolio: financial commitment, corporate and individual involvement, and volunteer engagement and management.
Cultivation and Stewardship
- Works in consultation with staff and volunteer leadership to design and implement initiatives to acquire and retain donors.
- Ensure cultivation plans are in place for all portfolios and all aspects of plans are reviewed and updated on a regular basis, as well as executed.
- Represent Youth First at community events, developing and nurturing relationships with key community leaders.
- Ensure deliverables are met for each account. May include stewardship reports, meeting updates, Salesforce entries, proposal status, etc.
Grants, Proposals, and Donor Management
- Monitors and maintains donor records to ensure ongoing positive and purposeful relationships and results.
- Coordinates grant-related activities in collaboration with other staff and contracted grant writers, including identifying, tracking, writing, and submitting grant proposals and related reports.
- Maintain pipeline and donor/prospect activity in Salesforce database. This includes accurate and complete records of donor contacts and communications.
- Manages Development Coordinator.
- Manages initiatives, including mailings and donor contacts/calls, auction, and other special events.
a. Equips, motivates and coordinates volunteers responsible for each initiative.
- Provides support to Development, Auction and other Special Event Committee Chairs in planning meeting agendas, preparing minutes, communicating with committee members, and following up on action steps.
- Ensures case statement and associated materials are prepared, current, clear, persuasive, and effective in order to achieve fundraising and awareness goals.
- Works with the V.P. of Philanthropy to prepare and manage development budgets and expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of fundraising or relevant experience including sales, marketing/communications, or relationship management with demonstrated success in designing and implementing strategic plans that achieve goals.
- Solid experience in event or project management, especially engaging, motivating and successfully utilizing staff or volunteers to achieve goals.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates persuasive, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with grant writing experience.
- Self-motivated, results-driven strategic thinker, innovator and team player.
- Knowledgeable about the community and connected to donor prospects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet challenging deadlines, and maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with online databases like Salesforce and other fundraising tools.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office programs, spreadsheets, word-processing, and web-based activities.
- Marketing and communications experience is required.
- Fundraising trainings/certifications and planned giving experience are a plus.
Requires travel to business meetings within Youth First footprint.
Please send cover letter, resume and references (preferably by Nov. 1, 2017) to:
Youth First, Inc.
Human Resources Dept.
PO Box 3897
Evansville, IN 47737-3897
-or email to- firstname.lastname@example.org